HIV and AIDS Support Worker in Kenya
Medical and Healthcare
HIV AIDS project that takes care of people who are living in Aids. Most of them are women and children besides men. The project supports underprivileged women, and orphans, and their families through HIV AIDS counseling, health education, economic empowerment, and community assimilation and integration.
This program is designed for
Students, Medical Professionals, social workers, human rights & everyone with motivation and willingness to improve lives.
Volunteers work as support staff at the project.
• Registration of people living with HIV/AIDs – at the dispensary Assist in training prevention of mothers to child transmission.
• Counseling [stress management] to women and children.
• Giving ARV and T.B dugs to patience living with HIV/AIDs
• V.C.T voluntary counseling and testing.
• Care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS- The outreach program where the Volunteer in the company of a health worker goes to the community once a week to do counseling and advice the patients on their diet and attitude towards their status are instructed on how to carry on certain duties.
• HIV aids counseling and testing.
• Help in Home based care where volunteers visit the patients in homes.
• Community units.
• Community outreach program – there is a health worker to go with the volunteers to the communities
VCT – The volunteer can do the counseling by themselves since before the counseling starts the Volunteer is briefed about the patients they are to attend.
Registration Fee: US $249
1 Week Program Fee:
Extra Per Week:
4 to 6 hours a day
find out more
What is included in My program fee?
We always provide comfortable accommodation suitable to the program module and location. Typically, that might mean a home stay or during your selected program. All rooms always include WiFi.
From the time you arrive in the country, we will make sure your trip runs smoothly. We show you the best places to eat, banks, point of interests, and are there for all questions.
Your experience includes a weekly meal plan of hearty and healthy local fare. The plan includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday.
Weekends are free for making your own culinary explorations
A monetary donation goes directly to the project where you will be volunteering. This money is used to help the project purchase material they need on a daily basis, meals or pay other expenses they have.
You always learn and enjoy more when you are relaxed. That’s why we build in a weekly selection of activities, excursions, events and outings into our tours, language courses, volunteer service. From Salsa, to hiking a active volcano!
Certification (if requested) of completion of the volunteer program, perfect for inclusion in your resume.
Airport pick up in private shuttle to your accommodation.
Mentorship & SUPPORT
Adventure worry-free, knowing you are supported by VAGT 24/7. Your VAGT expert helps you choose the right program for your needs and prepares you for the journey ahead. We even offer the peace of mind of a comprehensive medical, cancellation and interruption insurance plan.